Martin has approaching 40 years’ experience, the first 12 years of which were with a ‘Big Four’ firm, and latterly as a Partner in Dains LLP, before establishing Dains Business Recovery Limited in 2016. Martin held the role of Senior Partner whilst at Dains LLP.
He has experience in dealing with all types of businesses and individuals in financial difficulty, with the emphasis being on turning businesses around to preserve a going concern and to maintain jobs. Sometimes however, the business can’t be saved, in which case the right advice is given to the client and any insolvency proceeding handled in a sensitive way.
In his spare time Martin is involved with a number of local charities and enjoys walking and travel.
Nicki joined Dains in 1996 and spent 13 years as a Partner in the main practice, before the establishment of Dains Business Recovery Limited. Nicki has over 25 years of experience advising both businesses and individuals. Whilst working in the main practice Nicki held the role of Office Partner.
A qualified accountant and licensed insolvency practitioner, Nicki builds a rapport with her clients to advise them of the best solution for them or their business. This may be through a formal procedure or simply providing a thorough understanding of the options available and factors to be considered.
In addition to dealing with Insolvent companies, Nicki regularly assists shareholders of solvent companies to maximise their return from their business through the MVL procedure.
Outside of DBR, Nicki has a young family which keeps her busy and previous achievements include being a finalist in the Birmingham Young Professional of the Year (BYPY) in the Finance sector.
The Senior Managers
Tracey can provide advice on all aspects of personal and corporate insolvency matters. Tracey has worked in an insolvency background since 1985 and began her career with the Official Receiver’s Office, before moving into practice.
Tracey offers support through many insolvency procedures especially at a time when your financial affairs appear daunting and emotionally draining.
In her spare time Tracey enjoys walking and is an avid reader.
Team Administrator – Part Time, Derby
We are recruiting for a Team Administrator to support a team of five with all aspects of business support administration, project work, and be the linchpin to the department.
This rarely available opportunity provides variety of work including, client liaison, project work, time critical actions, database management and compliance management.
This is permanent, PART-TIME position 20 hours per week, across 4 days per week (could be flexible). The salary is pro-rata.
If you are looking for a role that allows you to manage and deliver quality work and further develop your career in the future, this could be your ideal next step.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Typing of letters, reports, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and any other required documents using appropriate software
- Collation of departmental management information as required
- Set up new client case codes/close case codes on CCH and IPS
- Assist with setting up/maintaining standard templates on IPS
- Update/amend diary line templates as required, and case related diary lines
- Assist with WIP / Billing
- Process incoming and outgoing post and upload to CCH or Postworks, using pdf tools as required
- Co-ordinate and carry out money laundering checks in line with the policy of the firm
- Complete conflict check
- Set up initial statutory documents/checklists/spreadsheets on CCH for Administrators and Cashier
- Complete Companies House searches on potential clients, complete directors & company searches
- Advanced in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Clear and professional communication
- Attention to detail and eye for detail
- Have a calm and understanding telephone manner
- Able to work to deadlines and keep lines of communication clear
- Confident with various work loads
- Good time management
Please apply by email.